Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ochoa Graciano and Garnacha 2009 (about $13)






About the Wine:  I have written previously about Garnacha, the smooth and fruity red from Spain.  I have never, as far as I can recall, tasted Graciano so this will be a learning experience.

About THIS Wine:  The color is a dark purple with a garnet rim.  The nose is pungent with berries, leather, and cooking spices.  The palate is meaty and tannic with a lingering finish of meat and raspberries.

Drinking This Wine:  Definitely a food wine.  Enjoy with steak in heavy sauce.  This wine benefits greatly from breathing.  Open it several hours before drinking.

Overall Impression:  It's been a while since I've been this impressed with a wine in this price range.  I have drunk from twenty-five dollar bottles that had nothing on this.  At thirteen dollars this wine is a steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment