Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bodegas Y Vinedos Noe Tempranillo #3 2009 (about $11)






About the Wine:  I told one of the managers where I work that I was having chicken and rice and wanted something cheap to go with it.  This was his recommendation.  I have heard rumors that the Chinese are starting to take an interest in Spanish wine and that prices will soon skyrocket, but for now it remains a good region for value.

About THIS Wine:  The wine is dark red in the glass with a thin, nearly clear rim.  The nose is fairly woody, though some notes of red berries do come through.  The palate is fairly acidic and frankly not all that pleasant with a slightly sour finish.

Drinking This Wine:  Definitely not a sipping wine and too light for anything heavy.  I would describe this as Pinot Grigio drinker's red and as such it would go well with foods that go with Pinot Grigio, like chicken and rice.

Overall Impression:  The wine is unimpressive but it is cheap.  I will say it is reasonable for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment