Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2013

Pasquet Bordeaux 2010 (about $20)



About the Wine:  I first tasted this wine about a year ago and was thoroughly unimpressed.  My coworkers who tried it variously described it as "gross", "awful", and "Water the plants with it."  One of my coworkers recently re-tasted it and said "It's singing now."

About THIS Wine:  In the glass it is opaque with a purple rim.  The nose is very grapey with some charred oak notes.  The palate is bland with an oak bite toward the finish.

Drinking This Wine:  I had it with beef and noodles.  I guess we'll go with that.

Overall Impression:  If this wine is singing then it is still badly out of tune.  It is certainly better than it was a year ago and I may re-taste it in another year (I do not foresee selling out of it)  but nothing about it impresses me and at twenty dollars a bottle it is badly overpriced.

No comments:

Post a Comment