Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Grayson Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 (About $10)

About the Wine:  I had a previous vintage of this at a wine seminar, one of my first wine seminars, a few years back and have been recommending it ever since.  It occurred to me that I should taste the current vintage to see if I should be commending people for buying a great value wine or silently judging them for buying plonk.  (Just kidding, wine professionals are always judging our customers.  Always.)


About THIS Wine:  The center is opaque and fades to a clear rim, which is surprising for such a young Cabernet.  Fig and prune are prominent on the nose.  Those flavors present nicely on the palate along with a tannin structure that is very well integrated  Again surprising for such a young Cab.  The finish tastes of plum and lingers nicely.


Drinking This Wine:  The wine is not big enough for steak but it stands up nicely to a hearty sandwich.


Overall Impression:  I have had bottles that were twice the price and no better.  At $10 a bottle this one is a steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment