Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

Choclat Rouge NV (about $11)






About the Wine:  This is a chocolate wine from Gallo.  One of the most popular posts ever on this blog was for another Gallo wine called Liberty Creek Chocolate Red, which you can read here.  In the interest of traffic, and despite my better judgement, I am trying another of their chocolate products.

About This Wine:  Looks pretty much like a glass of Yoohoo and smells like it.  The palate tastes like cherry chocolate cordials.

Drinking This Wine:  I'm pretty sure this was not meant to be a food wine.

Overall Impression:  You could probably get a similar result by mixing Yoohoo and Everclear, which I in no way endorse.  (But if you do try doing that please tell us about it in the comments.)  This stuff actually isn't too bad but it is a little overpriced.  I can't see paying more than eight or nine bucks for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment