Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dainero Toscana 2010 (about $16)







About the Wine:  I chose the wine for tonight's post based on the fact that it was the most appealing of the three open bottles we had at the store where I work.  I said that I was always up for a Super Tuscan.  The manager corrected me, explaining that it was only a Tuscan blend and that Super Tuscans are very high end.  I thought about telling him that the wine expert from Italy I had talked to said something different, but I preferred to go home and drink my wine instead.

About THIS Wine:   Very dark red it the glass with a violet rim.  The nose is tannic and herbaceous, indicating that the wine may still be a little too young.  There is some very nice licorice and cherry on the palate, but the wine is still pretty tight.  Tannins are sharp on the finish.

Drinking This Wine:  It would be a sipping wine if it was a little and more developed.  I had it with a meat and rice dish and it went pretty well.

Overall Impression:  This is an Old World maker's attempt at a New World wine.  The result is pretentious and overpriced.

No comments:

Post a Comment