Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bosco Dei Ricci Barbera d'Alba 2009 (about $15)



About the Wine:  I asked the manager of a posh wine shop for something affordable that does not taste like my own death.  This is what he gave me.

About THIS Wine:  This wine is opaque in the glass and has a purple rim.  Dark fruit and hints of spice make a juicy nose.  The palate is slightly sour with a lot of fruit and hints of spice.  Sour dark fruit lingers in the finish.  It bears mentioning that this is not the kind of sour that I associate with spoiled wine, rather it is the kind of sour I would associate with sour cherry. 

Drinking This Wine:  I had it with spaghetti and marinara sauce because that's always safe bet with an Italian red.  It went very well.  This is definitely better with food, preferably something a bit sweet to offset the sour.

Overall Impression:  This is an unusual and fairly pleasant wine.  At fifteen dollars a bottle it is good for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment