Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

La Posta Cocina 2009 (about $16)







About the Wine:  I came across this one because a customer would not leave me alone about it and I eventually found a case in the cellar of the wine store where I work.  When customers show this kind of dedication it means that either the wine is great or they are insane.  There is no exaggeration nor humor in that statement.  I've seen people obsess over box wine before.

About THIS Wine:  In the glass it is opaque with a very thin, very dark purple rim.  Earth and spice are heavy on the nose along with hints of oak.  The palate is smooth and dry with more acidity than I would expect from a red blend in this price range.  It is definitely not the "fruit bomb" style often associated with South American wines under twenty dollars. The finish is dry and slightly gripping.

Drinking This Wine:  This is definitely a food wine.  Enjoy it with juicy red meat or pasta with tomato sauce.

Overall Impression:  I'm not blown away by this wine but it a good Tuesday night steak wine and as such it is reasonable for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment