Search This Blog

Sunday, July 27, 2014

La Ferme de Suzon Red Clay Cotes du Rhone 2012 (about $9)

About the Wine:  "How's the nine dollar Cotes du Rhone?" may be the most optimistic question of my wine career.  The salesman helpfully compared it to a ten dollar Cotes du Rhone in another display, which he said was fruitier.  I was pretty sure that they both tasted like shame, so I went for the cheaper one.


About THIS Wine: The Syrah really jumps out on the nose.  It provides a potent, jammy fruit smell.  As the wine opens up, more Grenache and Cinsault come through in earthy, vegetal notes.  It is those later elements that dominate the palate, which is dry, smooth, and good.  There is basically no finish.


Drinking This Wine:  I had it with turkey leg and it was good.  But wine at this price range is best drunk while contemplating your various mistakes in life, such as buying wine at this price range.


Overall Impression:  All kidding aside, the wine tasted good and did not give me a hangover.  You could easily sell it for fifteen dollars a bottle and I have definitely had worse at that price range.  This wine is a good value.

No comments:

Post a Comment