Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Luscious Pina Tropical, no vintage (about $7)



About the Wine:  Normally I don't bother with wines under ten dollars but this one made enough of an impression that I felt the need to write about it.

About THIS Wine:  The color is a dark, slightly off pink.  It put me in mind of one of the Gatorade flavors I won't drink because of the color.  Sharp citrus and tropical fruit imitations dominate the nose, though notes of cough syrup and Kool-Aid are also prominent.  The palate is painfully tart and tangy, so intensely so that it is all but impossible to taste anything else.  Sour pineapple lingers in a finish that is difficult to eradicate.

Drinking This Wine:  Certain beverage are best drunk on certain occasions.  Sparkling wines mark celebrations, Moscatos are best drunk poolside on hot days, and Cabernets go well with very heavy meals.  This wine is the perfect consolation beverage for a failed diet.  Mix with inexpensive vodka and enjoy with Little Debbies.  That said, it is good drink to mark any crushing personal failure.

Overall Impression:  I work part time at a winery where we are forced to taste customers on this filth.  My boss there described this wine as "Sort of a tropical Boone's Farm."  This may not place in the top ten of awful, gut rot wines on the market today, but I think it definitely deserves an honorable mention.  I didn't like it very much is what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment