Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2015

Angeline Pinot Noir 2013 (about $12)



About the Wine:  I bought this without knowing much about the wine.   A customer had asked for it, so when I saw it at another wine shop I grabbed it.  The price point spoke to me as much as professional curiosity did.

About THIS Wine:  It presents a really lovely garnet color in the glass.  Dark fruit is abundant but not overbearing on the nose.  The palate is plush and satisfying but not heavy.  A note of blackberry jam lingers in the finish.

Drinking This Wine:  This is a good summer sipping wine.  It would also do well with roasted pork or turkey.  It's a little too big for chicken or fish.

Overall Impression:  This wine is a really nice find and I do recommend it.  At this price it is a good value.

No comments:

Post a Comment