Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bodega La Flor Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 (about $15)






About the Wine:  When I looked at the vintage on this Cab I said, "If this was any younger we could be charged with statutory rape."  The representative from the vineyard assured me that this is part of the vineyard's distinctive style.

About THIS Wine:  The center is dark red with a pink rim.  Jammy, velvety dark fruit and oak combine with hints of green pepper for a very rich and pleasant nose and those flavors deliver on a palate that ends in a spicy, jammy finish.

Drinking This Wine:  Drinking this gave me an urge to eat a nice, juicy steak.

Overall Impression:  To taste this wine I would have guessed the price closer to twenty dollars than fifteen and that makes it a good value.

No comments:

Post a Comment