Search This Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Gabo Do Xil Godello 2011 (about $15)






About the Wine:  I have no prior experience of Godello but reading the first few entries of a Google search taught me that it is a dry white from Spain that is often used in the making of Sherry, a fortified wine first produced in Spain.  The first wine that I really liked when I got into the business was Tempranillo, so I have an affinity for Spanish wines in general.

About THIS Wine:  In the glass it is a very light yellow with a clear rim, similar to a Pinot Grigio.  Citrus and Peach make up a fairly pleasant nose.  The palate is sharply acidic, so much so that it is difficult to make out any flavor.

Drinking This Wine:  No idea.  Maybe Colby cheese would moderate the acidity.

Overall Impression: I love Spanish wine, but not this wine.  This wine combines the unpleasant sharpness of some Sauvignon Blancs with the blandness of some Pinot Grigios for a truly unpleasant drinking experience.  This one is not worth it at any price.

No comments:

Post a Comment